PennState College of Agricultural Sciences

PennState College of Agricultural Sciences

Monday, February 15, 2016

Student Introduction: Tetiana Popova, Visiting Scholar


Hi! My name is Popova Tetiana. I am a participant of the Woskob International Research in Agriculture Scholar Program (WIRA). I am Assistant Professor of the Economic Theory Department in Tavria State Agrotechnological University (Ukraine). I teach such courses as “National Economics”, “Microeconomics” for first and second year students and “Global Economics” for master students of the Faculty of “Economics and Business”.

My research focus on community and economic development, community economics, rural policy, teaching and learning in agricultural education.

In many parts of the world, higher education is viewed as an engine for the development of a knowledge-based economy with higher education policies, programs and practices. Ukrainian educational system follows the world trends and suggests the implementation of modern methods of training to improve the educational level of students, their ability to think critically in various forms of creative activity. Review of relevant literature in this area, as well as my own experience, has shown that the universities in the USA use advanced teaching methods, tools and skills. Besides defined above teaching techniques are well developed in Penn State University.

I enjoy being in AEE 530, because it gives me a unique opportunity to enhance my own professionalism by expanding knowledge in new teaching methods and skills and studying the positive experience in this area!

Contact me: popovatatiana89@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment