PennState College of Agricultural Sciences

PennState College of Agricultural Sciences

Monday, January 18, 2016

Student Introductions: Jenna Reeger, Plant Biology Ph.D. candidate

Have you ever taken or taught a class that was frustrating, ineffective and just…bad? How about a class that was so fantastic that it changed the way you think? I have. What made these classes so great or so not great? What could the professor have done differently (assuming I was doing everything right as a student)? That’s what I want to find out this semester in AEE 530.

My name is Jenna Reeger, a second-year Ph.D. candidate in Plant Biology. I study rice root biology to help make rice more tolerant to drought. My alma mater is Ohio Wesleyan University, where I received bachelor's degrees in chemistry and botany. I love plants and science and hope to share both with my future students. I am not sure whether my career will be primarily teaching or research, but I want to be the most effective instructor I can be, whether I teach a little or a lot. I have been a student almost all of my life and enjoy learning, so I’m looking forward to learning about learning (whoa). 

At Penn State I am a member of Graduate Women in Science (GWIS), serving as President-Elect, and also enjoy biking around town, drinking coffee, and visiting the Arboretum.  I am looking forward to the upcoming semester with all of you!

Twitter: @Jennaceae

1 comment:

  1. Jenna,

    Thank you for sharing! I am excited to have the Plant Sciences represented on our AEE 530 Team.

    ReplyDelete